Our client is a top rated firm located in the Biltmore area of Phoenix! If you want to take your career to the next level this is the role for you! The Billing Specialist is responsible for the processing and editing of bills, monitoring the quality of preview bills and final invoices. The Billing Specialist will be detail-oriented, a good communicator and possess a high work ethic along with the ability to work under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prints, receives proformas and prepares preview/final bills.
- Communicates with clients, secretaries and attorneys regarding billing needs and requirements.
- Prints ledger histories and account summaries as needed.
- Edits time corrections received from secretaries.
- Edits invoices with word processing changes and custom notations.
- Takes action to transfer charges to correct client accounts.
- Communicates with delinquent timekeepers on a weekly basis and records the reasons why they were delinquent.
- Makes requested changes to matters and clients based on New Matter Reports.
- Enters client miscellaneous transfers into system.
- Submits electronic billing to online e-billing sites.
- Answers questions from other employees pertaining to the diary time entry system.
- Assists in maintaining billing lists, rules and exceptions.
- Serve as backup for receptionist and additional cross-training within the department.
- Respond to internal and external client needs in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and other software programs.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of law office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of various e-billing systems files
- Experience with Perfect Law desirable.
- Skill in the safe and effective use of computer, telephone, 10 key calculator, and copy machine.
- Participate as a team player in every way possible.
- Maintains a positive attitude and meets commitments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish good rapport with attorneys and other employees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Ability to operate the equipment listed below.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Accounting & Billing: 3 years (Preferred)