We are currently recruiting for an experienced transactional real estate attorney looking for an amazing opportunity in 2019? This is a rare opportunity to work for one of the Valley's top rated real estate developers. We are currently recruiting for an Associate General Counsel with a strong real estate transactional background. A Juris Doctor is required. The candidate must be in good standing with the Arizona State Bar.
- The day to day management of the business and legal affairs related to the company’s commercial real estate portfolio and office
- Performing all transactional and due diligence functions related to leasing, purchase/sales, financing and general contract matters
- Overseeing the management of legal entities and formation of new entities and related agreements, including operating and partnership agreements
- Managing all outside litigation and dispute related matters
- Insurance and risk management
- Assisting principals with special projects and real estate and general business strategy
- Assist company departments (property management, accounting, etc.) when necessary
- Participating in executive level meetings
- May need to represent company in court at times
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements and implement them
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Corporate Representation. The General Counsel advises the President/CEO and Board of Directors on all legal matters and provides strategic counsel on business and operational decisions. The General Counsel’s office provides legal representation on diverse matters, corporate structure, its capital and lending relationships. The General Counsel manages and coordinates the work of external law firms as needed. May also provide advice on employment matters, fair housing and other occupancy related matters, and general contracts. The office is also responsible for tracking and managing third-party claims, which primarily consists of and engaging and supervising outside counsel in connection with litigation, defaults, compliance matters, employment matters, fair housing and other legal matters.
- Transactional Practice. The General Counsel’s office represents the organization and it's affiliates in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, operation, compliance and disposition of affordable and mixed income residential and commercial properties. Includes all aspects of real estate and housing development, including tax and financial structuring, title and real estate conveyancing, zoning analysis and relief, review of environmental matters, organization of ownership entities,LLCs and limited partnerships, and negotiating and closing complex financings involving multiple private and public funding sources.
- The General Counsel may be asked to provide and/or oversee legal services related to programs, including due diligence, documentation and closing of loan transactions on behalf of lender, development and maintenance of internal controls and counsel with respect to program requirements.
- Compliance and Management. Provide counsel on all aspects of regulatory and legal compliance and legal aspects of the operation and management. The General Counsel also advises on the development and implementation of corporate and compliance policies, forms, systems, and tools to ensure the effective management of legal and other operating risks. The General Counsel also assists other departments on creating and presenting training on relevant legal topics.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent academic record;
- 5 years’ minimum relevant professional experience including time as a practicing corporate and/or transactional attorney, with demonstrated ability to manage complex engagements in a team environment;
- Substantial experience with most or all of the following - housing and community development finance, commercial leasing, real estate, zoning and permitting, construction contracts, fair housing, general corporate and employment law;
- Admission to state bar in good standing