Senior Data Modeler – Develops data models (mainly Revenue Models) satisfying business requirement. Works closely with Data and Reporting teams to review and evaluate database design and performance.
- Analyze current and past trends in KPI’s of Financial Statements
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Ad-hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Implement and work with Modeling software and dashboard reports
- Understand and translate business needs into data models in supporting long-term solutions for Data Warehouse.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases, SQL scripts and Excel.
- Work with the Reporting team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models to Executives.
- Validate Enterprise data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Become as a subject matter expert (SME) for data integrated with the Data Warehouse.
- Develop reporting solutions as needed.
- Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or Information Systems
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Design and Modeling experience
- Strong knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling, data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies and data governance practices.
- Experience in SQL Server and Teradata.
- Experience working with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
- Experience with ETL tools like SSIS.
- Experience or Understand of reporting platforms like SSRS and Qlik tools.
- Communicator will be a key requirement for this position
- Banking/Financial Industry Experience is a must