Seeking a Commercial Real Estate Assistant/Paralegal who will be working directly with the owner and company executives in handling some large-scale negotiations and contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Management Team in all tenant related matters;
- Assist the Leasing Team in the preparation of initial drafts and revisions of lease agreements and lease amendments;
- Manage the execution and distribution of various documents created by the legal team, including commercial purchase and sale agreements, due diligence and closing documents, loan documents, commercial industrial and retail lease documents, guaranties, amendments, exhibits, assignments, estoppels, SNDAs, etc.
- Assist in preparation of commercial construction contracts and work with contractors and sub-contractors regarding contract questions, status of permits, etc.
- May act as the primary contact with industrial and retail tenants for tenant-related matters; to answer tenant questions and prepare tenant correspondence (default letters, TI approval letters, etc.);
- Prepare and update lease abstracts, calculate lease term, lease commencement, rent commencement, delivery and expiration dates;
- Track lease options, expirations & renewals;
- Request, review, track and maintain certificates of insurance for contractors and tenants;
- Work directly with company executives and owner on commercial development projects;
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic project and lease files;
- Work with in-house counsel on legal proceedings; and
- Schedule and coordinate conference calls and meetings.
- Must have good working knowledge of multiple PC software programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat;
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines, work independently and follow through on assignments;
- Must be a team player.